November 1, the start of The 30 Day Eat Less Challenge, arrives in 4 days.
I’m grateful for those who signed up and are ready for weight loss victory. But it’s going to be hard. This is not for wimps. Excuse makers need not apply. Many readers won’t even bother to click and read this post. You are special. You’ve decided to give weight loss another shot. My bucket of admiration for you is sloshing over.
That’s why I’m going to share with you the ONE secret which will guarantee success. Ready? Drum roll. Here it is:
ODAT: One Day At A Time.
Trust me. This is your secret weapon. It is a weapon used by millions of people every day.
It works like this. This Sunday, November 1, The Challenge begins. You’ve pumped yourself up for this. You only eat a modest breakfast. Noon arrives and you stick to the plan of eating modestly. But then comes late afternoon. You feel hungry. Temptation strikes.
- At the office they are celebrating your coworker’s birthday and cake is everywhere.
- Your neighbor brings over an apple pie because you are such nice person.
- You go to the grocery store and someone shoves a free sample in your face.
- Out of habit you open the freezer in the middle of the afternoon and Mr. Rocky Road ice cream is calling your name.
Temptation will strike hard before the days is out. But here’s the secret weapon in action. Remind yourself you can make it through this one day. There are only a few more hours until supper or bedtime. You can hang on until then.
Victory comes one day at a time.
My brain cannot fathom eating only three meals a day with no snacks for 30 days. But I can make it through THIS day. And some people, perhaps you, will need to reduce the secret down to OHAT: one hour at a time. Are you struggling to keep from eating right now? Look at your watch. How many minutes until the next hour? You can make it until the next hour. Then make it through the next hour. Soon you will have made it through the day.
It so simple. But it is in the simplicity where the power of the secret is found. ODAT. OHAT. You can do this.
HERE’S A RECAP FOR WHAT THE 30 DAY EAT LESS CHALLENGE IS ALL ABOUT.
- There is one simple rule. The Rule is that you agree to eat a modest meal three times a day with no calories at any other time during the day. Period.
- You are agreeing to do this for 30 days starting November 1.
- When you sign up, by providing your email address, you will be invited to join a secret Facebook group. This group will provide a place for everyone who is part of The Challenge can interact. Only those who are part of the group can see what is being posted. Post your challenges, frustrations, and victories. If you want accountability you can join me in posting a picture of every meal you eat. That might sound a little crazy but I see it as an extra way to assure success. At the end of the 30 days I’m looking for reports on how it went for you.
If you haven’t yet signed up to participate time is running out. The door of opportunity to join closes once The Challenge begins.
To join NOW click HERE and will be taken to a simple countdown page where you can leave your email address.
You can be sure I do NOT share or sell anyone’s email address.
Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor. Please consider seeing a doctor before undergoing any diet or physical exercise routine.